Publisher Humble Games and developer Witch Beam have announced that their Quiet Matching Experience, Unpackingwill be released on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 next week on May 10, 2022.
Throughout this game, players unpack a character’s belongings by moving a total of 8 times. Along with this series of seemingly insane processes, players will subtly uncover aspects of this character’s life story, likes, dislikes, and many other memorable facets.
The main attributes of this title are summarized below:
- Unpack a house – from a single room to a whole house
- Meditative gameplay with no timer or score
- Explore home environments with all their nooks and crannies as you stack plates, hang napkins and arrange shelving
- Uncover a character’s story through the items that come with them in each new house (and the items that remain)
- Soundtrack by BAFTA-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck
One of the game’s artists and programmers, Tim Dawson, discussed the Zen experience in more detail via the latest post on PlayStation Blog. He talks about specific elements of the game and how they contain his personal touch in correlation with his real-life experiences.
If you missed it, check out our review of the title’s initial launch on PC. Unpacking is also available on Xbox and Nintendo Switch.